UNICEF Moldova is seeking the support of an Individual Consultant that will conduct, by end of September 2019, a comprehensive assessment of both legal and institutional framework as well as of practices on interviewing in special conditions of child victims and witnesses of crimes in the Republic of Moldova and to provide recommendations on necessary adjustments.
Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to generate the necessary knowledge and evidence for improving the legal framework, institutional framework and practices pertaining to child-sensitive procedures applied to child victims and witnesses of crimes, thus informing the Government on the next steps in advancing the justice for children reform in the Republic of Moldova. The consultancy shall also look into the legal, institutional and practical impediments to the current provisions and processes, and to propose measures for overcoming or mitigating any such impediments.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (5-year university education) in Law, Human Rights or other relevant field;
- At least three years of proven professional experience as a researcher in legal area, legal analysis or other related field;
- Analytical capacity and proven experience in qualitative data collection and conducting desk-review, assessments, studies, etc. (excerpts of relevant documents need to be attached – max. 20 pages);
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of national and international law, in particular as concerns children’s access to justice;
- Experience in working with international organizations (working with UNICEF/other UN Agencies is an asset);
- Fluency in English and Romanian will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=523406
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 10 July 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, preference will be given to female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/