Jelly Beanz invites you to their innovative regional African conference.
Delegates from developing and developed countries are invited to join us to reconnect with our African roots regarding child protection and finding the African routes towards ending cruelty to all our children.
The collaborative transdisciplinary conference will be tapping into African experience and expertise to:
- showcase research and innovations in preventing and managing child abuse and neglect
- create opportunities for all stake holders and role players in the field of child protection (including social workers, psychologists, medical doctors, policemen, presiding officers of the Criminal, Child Justice and Children’s Courts) and mental health to share experiences and build inter-sectoral collaboration
- offer skills-building workshops in tried and tested interventions relevant to the African context
- create a platform for children and communities, social change activists and advocacy groups to share their personal challenges
The following streams will be the focus of the conference:
- Preventing violence against children in Africa – going back to our roots
- The many faces of intergenerational trauma in Africa
- The route from corporal punishment to positive discipline in Africa
- The shadow side of the online environment for children, families and communities
- Poverty and the layers of exploitation of children
- The wide ranging experiences of African children and armed conflict
- Prioritizing the protection of children marginalized by disabilities
- Children affected by violence: interventions for children, families and communities
- Multi-faceted approaches to dealing with children in conflict with the law
Why should you attend?
In Africa, the majority of children in need of care and protection have limited to no access to child protection services or mental health care, in spite of progressive legislation and pockets of excellence in law enforcement, health and the judicial services.
This conference aims to gather people who are committed to changing the landscape of child protection in Africa. Please bring your skills, knowledge, experience and passion to our conference. Submit an abstract now!
Click here to learn more about the conference, register and submit your abstract.