On the 25th and 26th April 2018, a conference on the topic of "Social work - a duty or a profession? (On the Role and Requirements for Academic Training in Social Work)" will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria. The event is part of the project "Improving the protection and well-being of children through European exchange of curricula in the field of child protection", funded by the European Commission - Brussels, Erasmus + program and is organized by the Know-How Center for the Alternative Care for Children, Department of Health and Social Work, New Bulgarian University and supported by the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy.
The first day of the event will be held in the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy building (2 Triaditsa Steet, Presscenter Hall, Sofia ) and will address:
- international standards in the training of social workers and opportunities for distance learning;
- a program for social work with children and families at NBU (open to the professionals from other professional areas);
- requirements for social work education with regard to integrating the latest research and working methods.
The second day of the conference will take place at the New Bulgarian University (21 Montevideo Street, Hall 20) and will discuss:
- the integration of international standards in the training of social workers and other assisting professionals;
- opportunities for distance learning.
Further information on the registration and program of the conference can be found in the attached documents (available in Bulgarian).