The compendium documents how child protection services are responding to the specific needs of refugee and migrant children, and aims to contribute to solutions to provide quality family and community-based care.
The event organised by Eurochild and SOS Children’s Villages and hosted by the European Committee of the Regions, will bring together decision makers, CSOs and relevant stakeholders from EU, national and local levels to discuss how the responses of child protection systems can be improved to better protect the rights of refugee and migrant children.
The debate will focus on how lessons from the ground can better inform policy implementation. We will also exchange on how actors from EU, national and local levels can better cooperate to ensure that refugee and migrant children are treated as children.
Eurochild members can ask for sponsorship (travel and accomodation).
For further info: email@example.com
- Andor Urmos - European Commission’s DG Regional and Urban Policy
- Margaret Tuite - European Commission’s DG Justice and Consumers
- Maria Zuber / Isabela Atanasiu - European Commission’s DG Migration and Home Affairs
- Georgios Kaminis - Member of the Committee of the Regions
- Jacques Spelkens - Head of CSR Benelux at ENGIE