This ChildHub infographic looks at demographics of the refugee population arriving in Europe with a special focus on women and girls. It also summarises the key problematic areas that make refugee women's and girls' experience even tougher due to the gender perceptions.
1) Women's Refugee Commission (2016) No Safety for Refugee Women on the European Route: Report from the Balkans.
2) UNHCR, UNFPA and WRC (2016) Initial Assessment Report: Protection Risks for Women and Girls in the European Refugee and Migrant Crisis.
3) IRC (2016) European Refugee Crisis: Urgent Action Needed for Protection of Women and Girls.
4) UN Women (2016 ) Gender Assessment of the Refugee and Migration Crisis in Serbia and fYR Macedonia.
5) Eurostat (2016) Asylum Applicants Considered to be Unaccompanied Minors by Citizenship, Age and Sex - Annual data. Accessed from: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-datasets/-/migr_asyunaa