Seven INSPIRE strategies for ending violence against children is a compilation of effective, evidence-based interventions to support countries in ending violence against children. Measures recommended have proven to be effective in different countries around the world and can easily be tailored to the local context and local needs. The INSPIRE Handbook describes seven strategies and good practices from countries all over the world that have proven to be effective in reducing violence against children.
The seven strategies are:
1) Implementation and enforcement of laws
2) Norms and values - Ending violence against children is not possible unless norms and values that promote or justify it are addressed. However, those norms and values differ across regions and societies and it is essential to develop an approach tailored to the local context and local needs. An effective approach that managed to do exactly that is the Young Men Initiative (YMI) by CARE international in Balkan. As part of the YMI educational programs and community interventions are carried out aiming to promote gender equality, non-violence and healthy lifestyles among young people in Balkan. The YMI is particularly famous for working with men to reduce gender-based violence and promote gender equality. Read more about the YMI, its activities and resources below!
3) Safe environments
4) Parent and caregiver support
5) Income and economic strengthening
6) Response and support services
7) Education and life skills.
To learn more about INSPIRE strategies and how Childhub has been working with others to promote INSPIRE and reduce violence against children click here.