Yerevan, April 11-12 2019: The French public organisation BICE organised a training for Armenian professionals, representatives from child protection services, authorities and NGOs. In addition, there were NGO staff members from Georgia, Lithuania, Russia and Ukraine as well.
During this event, two trainers - Diana Filatova from BICE and Tamara Barbakadze from the Armenian National Campaign “Share Love, Not Violence” - presented INSPIRE strategies and relevant documents with the examples of projects from different European countries.
The following subjects were covered:
- engagements of Armenia as a pathfinding country,
- legislation regulating domestic violence and its implementation related challenges,
- development of positive parenting programs for socially vulnerable fathers,
- online safety for children,
- economic strengthening projects in Armenia,
- bullying prevention at school.
A particular focus was made on the Response and Support Services Strategy, as all Eastern European partners provide support to children victims of violence. This strategy was introduced by Nelli Duryan, Head of the Office of Children’s Rights Protection and Fight against Family Violence, Police of Armenia. Afterward, practices promoted by INSPIRE were presented: interagency cooperation and trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy. The last day of the meeting was dedicated to the discussions among BICE partners from Armenia, Georgia, Lithuania, Russia and Ukraine about the integration of the INSPIRE strategies in their activities and its dissemination in their countries.