On 2 December 2019, the Council of Europe and the Czech Judicial Academy delivered a training to launch the e-learning of combating trafficking in human beings, developed under the Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP) Programme of the Council of Europe.
The ‘HELP in the EU’ project is an e-learning platform that currently contains 34 online courses.
The course on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings is for legal professionals (available in English, Russian and Serbian) to learn using a practical, interactive method, with self-testing and reflective exercises.
It is structured in the following modules:
- Introduction and legal framework;
- Definitions and legal concepts;
- Identification of victims of human trafficking;
- Assistance for victims of human trafficking;
- Non-punishment principle;
- Prosecution and victims’ rights;
- Compensation for victims of human trafficking;
- Return and repatriation.