In the current situation in Albania, the establishment of a model of reintegration for children in conflict with the law is urgent. International expert Tim Chapman and Tdh Albania, in collaboration with all major state and non-public stakeholders, are introducing a new model. Those who were consulted recommended:
- Greater coordination and cooperation between state and non-governmental organisations;
- More funding to develop services and programmes designed for juveniles, especially in the area of vocational training;
- More training for professionals working with children in conflict with the law;
- More residential accommodation designed for children;
- The availability of mentors to guide and support children in conflict with the law;
- Greater use of mediation and other restorative processes.
This publication contains more information on the proposed model:
- Introduction: current arrangements and available resources in relation to children in conflict with the law in Albania
- An understanding of reintegration
- Understanding how children come into conflict with the law
- Responding: A Model of reintegration
- Committing to a structured framework of practices which would activate reintegration
- Evaluating the effort.