Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child (2016-2021)
Council of Europe Strategy for the Rights of the Child (2016-2021) was adopted by the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe on 2 March 2016 and is launched at a high-level conference in Sofia, Bulgaria, on 5-6 April 2016.
The Council of Europe protects and promotes human rights, which includes the rights of the child. This document sets the priorities of the Council of Europe in this area for the period 2016 to 2021.
The five priority areas to guarantee the rights of the child are:
- Equal opportunities for all children;
- Participation of all children;
- A life free from violence for all children;
- Child-friendly justice for all children;
- Rights of the child in the digital environment.