Advocacy is challenging to evaluate and measure. Evaluation plays a critical role in the assessment of progress and determining if and when your organization is meeting your advocacy goals. It also helps to develop realistic long-term and incremental measures of advocacy success and progress, allowing you to identify and apply lessons learned. AFJ developed the free, online Advocacy Capacity Tool (ACT), ACT! Quick, and International Advocacy Capacity Tool (IACT)to address some of the challenges involved in evaluating advocacy.
The site offers several resources that can be very beneficial to those interested in advocacy.
- The list of resources inlcude:
- Advocacy Capacity Tool (ACT)
- ACT! Quick
- International Advocacy Capacity Tool (IACT)
- Investing in Change: A Funder’s Guide to Supporting Advocacy
- ACT Data & Analysis: The First 280 Advocacy Capacity Tool Users
- Mission Possible: Evaluating Advocacy Grants
- Benchmarks for Advocacy Evaluation
- Make Democracy Work
- Tips for Evaluating Advocacy: A Checklist for Grantmaking Organizations
- Tips for Evaluating Advocacy: A Checklist for Grantees
- Build Your Advocacy Grantmaking: Advocacy Evaluation Tool & Advocacy Capacity Assessment Tool
Words to Give By: Leading Voices in Advocacy Funding