The Course Support and Trainer's Guide “The psycho-sociology of the child – social professional relationship” are designed for specialists working in the field of social protection of children left behind - foster parent-educators, professional parental assistants, specialists employed in community centers, specialists employed within territorial structures of social assistance, etc. The tackled subjects are:
- international and national standards on the protection and care of children at risk and children left behind,
- child growth and development,
- support provided to children at risk by overcoming trauma,
- learning, behavioural and emotional issues
- subjects related to maintaining caregivers’ health by acquiring some techniques to prevent occupational stress.
The Course Support and Trainer's Guide were developed within the project “Strengthening qualifications of persons providing social protection services to children and youth in Moldova”, which was implemented during the period September 2014-June 2016, by Caritas Czech Republic and the Centre for Investigations and Consultation “SocioPolis”, in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour, Social Protection and Family with the financial support of the Czech Development Agency.