Save the Children is looking for an Advocacy and Communications Assistant to support the "Global Coalition to Protect Education from Attack" with its work on communications and advocacy to support the process of promoting the endorsement and implementation of the Guidelines for Protecting Schools and Universities from Military Use during Armed Conflict and the Safe Schools Declaration.
Save the Children is an international non-governmental organization that works in more than 60 countries to provide support and relief for children in need and to promote children's rights.
The position of Advocacy and Communications Assistant is temporary lasting from August to December 2017. It is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Qualifications and experience:
- An understanding of the advocacy/policy environment of the UN and other international organizations in Geneva, particularly the Human Rights Council and OHCHR.
- An understanding of international humanitarian law, armed conflict, and the issue of attacks on education and the military use of schools and universities.
- A proven ability to work in a professional manner in a multilingual, multifaceted, international setting with limited supervision and a willingness to learn new skills.
- A proven ability to develop communications materials, including press releases, articles, newsletters, and other documents.
- Highly organized and able to anticipate needs, with experience in providing logistical support to events planning.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), with a working knowledge of Spanish and/or French preferred.
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to maintain simple websites.
For more details and to apply please see: https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/4096
Job description is attached.