The Child Protection Hub (Childhub.org) is a multilingual, online knowledge management platform for South East European child protection professionals. It has been operating since January 2015. The website is currently gamified and a list of functions is attached. A redesign of the website (see screenshots) is currently underway, and we plan to launch in December 2020.
The target group of the website is child protection professionals (aged 24–60), in South-East Europe. These might include social workers, teachers, health professionals, police officers, prosecutors, judges, academics, and child protection NGO workers.
Task: Terre des hommes’ Regional Office in Budapest would like to engage the services of a company that could deliver the following:
- Basic user research to understand user needs and their feedback on the current system (to inform our updates and upgrades) (this will be of course facilitated by the ChildHub team)
- An updated concept of gamification of the website. This could potentially include new actions, new rewards, etc. This would be a written specification of the type of user actions that would trigger an action and a description of the type of action. The specs should be in a form that can be readily implemented by a programmer.
- Designs for possible gamification elements, such as points, stars, leader boards, etc. (this is optional, the project works with a designer that could take this task on). ChildHub has concrete plans for tangible rewards for people who achieve a higher number of points, based on an already programmed “shop” where people can choose their gift depending on the number of points they exchange for them. Designs should include this shop.
Please note that any text-based design will need to be available in all of the languages used on the site (Albanian, Bulgarian, English, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croat-Bosnian, Ukrainian), but that Terre des hommes will provide the texts.
Programming of the concept will be done by the project’s long-term programming service provider, based on the specifications provided.
Goal of the upgrade:
- Refresh the look, rethink the actions in order to motivate users, but also, bring some fun into engaging with the website
- Lengthen the stay on the website
- Encourage interaction with the website (liking, sharing, proposing resources)
- Direct users towards e-learning and reward people for completing e-learning courses
- Encourage users to interact with each other in the forums or by writing each other a message
- Support their career development by making their progress more visible
Documentation provided as part of this call:
- List of current gamified actions
- Screenshots of the upcoming redesign
- User login for Childhub.org will be provided upon request
To answer the call, please submit a company introduction (including references), some preliminary ideas and a price quote to firstname.lastname@example.org until 25 November 2020.
The proposed timeline for the work would be 30 November–31 December for the development of the concept (including several rounds of consultation with the ChildHub Budapest team and the developer). If designs are provided, these should be available by 15 January 2021.
The expected launch of the new gamification is 28 February 2021.