Terre des hommes (Tdh) is seeking a creative and innovative UX Designer to help us re-design one of the largest resources and platforms for child protection in the world, The Child Protection Hub (http://childhub.org). Your mission, if you choose to accept it will be to:
- Drive more and deeper engagements;
- Keep users coming back for more;
- Streamline content and search functionalities
- Build an aspirational brand that our users will fall in love with.
In the first phase of the project starting October 2014 the ChildHub website was designed and built and it has been operating successfully ever since with over 6000 users in over 40 countries. While there have been many updates of functionality, the main look and feel of the website remained the same. The ChildHub is a project of Terre des hommes (Tdh) and other NGOs, to systematically gather and promote knowledge on child protection, provide new opportunities for building the capacity of child protection professionals (including online ones) and offer a virtual space to them for exchange and peer support. In ChildHub 2.0 we are seeking to improve the user experience and build our branding and visual identity.
Who you are:
- Strong background in visual and UX design with the portfolio to prove it
- Experience building engaging platforms preferably with online / offline elements
- Experience in branding and marketing preferably with some experience in developing countries
- Up on the latest design aesthetics and trends but also aware of how to match those to customer preferences to create an internationally accessible visual identity
- Experience designing for audiences with limited tech knowledge before
- Proficient in English
What you’ll do
- Develop existing user research and insights into a design brief
- Develop user stories for the different user groups within the platform
- Develop a visual identity and brand package that is adaptable to different user / client groups
- Redesign of the full package of corporate design elements (from logo, byline, ppt template, roll-up, etc.). In this work the specific target audience and their preferences will need to be considered.
- Create initial wireframes and design user testing methods
- Create final high resolution PDFs of all assets and work with the development team to ensure proper execution
- Develop a structured plan for the next 3 years for regular, small design updates, in order to keep the website fresh, to provide viewers the experience of „new and refreshing”.
The Foundation works with a developer company in order to implement the changes, so the development into the website will be done by them. High resolution, layered psds need to be provided of design. The company will need to work with the Tdh project manager and the developer in order to schedule the work needed.
The budget available for the work is EUR 7500 over three years (October 2018-May 2021).
Please submit your English-language offer no later than April 1st 2019 to the e-mail: email@example.com with the following details:
- Initial workplan and budget