UNICEF Serbia is seeking a Communication for Development individual contractor with relevant experience who can provide technical assistance and services related to the strengthening of the C4D strategy and implementation. The duration of the assignment is 11 months.
Purpose of assignment:
UNICEF Serbia has identified the implementation of results based programming - Communication for Development (C4D) - as an integral aspect of programme delivery for behaviour change. Therefore, UNICEF Serbia is seeking a Communication for Development individual contractor with relevant experience who can provide technical assistance and services related to the strengthening of the C4D strategy and implementation, in close coordination with all UNICEF areas - mainly Programme and Communication.
The duration of the assignment is 11 months.
Work Assignment Overview:
Task 1: Support strategy design, development and monitoring of C4D activities:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the UNICEF Country Programme.
- Collect, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for C4D strategies and plans to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements and results.
- Submit qualitative report of results for development planning and improvement.
Task 2: Support the implementation of programme communication activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioural change in support of country programme delivery:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to the research, development, testing, production and use of quality C4D materials.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D activities and recommend operational approaches, plans, methods and procedures.
- Follow up on the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc.).
Task 3: Advocacy, networking and partnership building:
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF’s mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
Task 4: Capacity building:
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders and partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise them periodically for improvements and updates.
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field;
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area;
- Knowledge and versatility in using digital media technologies for communicating targeted public information and outreach messages (including social networks);
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Serbian are essential;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with attention to detail and follow through;
- Highly organized with ability to work quickly and efficiently as part of a team;
- Previous experience with UNICEF or UN agencies is an asset;
- Knowledge of children’s and development issues is an asset.
How to apply:
Your application must include a financial proposal (in RSD) containing the following information:
Daily rate (all costs to be included e.g. health insurance, pension, usage of mobile phone),
Daily allowance for travel within Serbia, with overnight (accommodation costs included).
The closing date for applications is 15th January 2019.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
Click here to apply.