Supervisor Title/Level: Deputy Head of Office
Organizational Unit: Programme
Post Location: Pristina
Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
Under the general guidance of the Deputy Head of Office, the incumbent is responsible for the design, management, coordination, execution, monitoring and evaluation of C4D strategy to promote awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights and development of social mobilization plans that support community empowerment and behaviour change as key components of the country programmes in Kosovo.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Set policy directions for communication for development team and ensure the communication programme is in line with Kosovo Office and SP priorities, CCCs and UN reform.
- Develop, maintain and update the country C4D strategy and work plan for office top programme priorities on annual basis to support the AMP and RWPs.
- Provide advice on appropriate use of communication and approach for social development, aimed at both individual behaviour change and collective action/policy advice.
- Monitor and evaluate activities on the basis of applied targeted communication research and frequent visits to project sites.
- Provide advice on capacity building of communication for development teams, both within UNICEF and outside of UNICEF, among counterparts.
- Participate in the budget planning & review process, and ensure the optimal resource allocation, appropriation of allocated programme funds and the compliance with rules and regulations.
- Among others.
Advanced University degree in the social/behavioural sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, and participatory communication, and research, training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication interventions.
Training in communication for development and implementation in communication for development, social mobilization and behavioral change. Training in inter-disciplinary approach in programme communication..
Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social development programmes, including 2 years in with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
Fluency in English and another UN language. Local working language of the duty station an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information, visit https://reliefweb.int/job/2479814/communication-development-officer
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=510933