*Note, this is an unpaid position. Open for full or part-time workers.
Based in the U.S., SPI is a registered 501(c)(3) NGO dedicated to supporting doubly marginalized refugee populations. SPI currently operates emergency housing shelters for LGBT refugees in Istanbul and Athens, a shelter for women and children on Lesvos, and our Moms2Moms project serving over 70 African mothers.
Please refer to our website (undergoing a major update, excuse the briefness) and our Facebooks for more information.
- Manage all Facebooks, Instagrams, Twitter feeds
- Create and carry out social media campaigns/fundraisers with the support of our fundraising team.
- Utilize Canva or similar sites to create posts in line with our themes and vision.
- Write a bi-weekly blog post to share on our website (an update/feature story/event highlight)
- Create monthly newsletters to share with our mailing list and donor database.
- Liaison with project managers/project interns to communicate important updates to share online, and encourage photographs and videos to be taken for public use.
- Develop a Social Media Strategy and support us to improve our reach.
- Support in google analytics and target marketing online.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- A background working with refugees/NGOs.
- A passion for our work!
- Creativity and massive self-motivation to work independently and produce results.
- Excellent charisma and ability to talk with our team and communicate daily.
- Knowledge of the above mentioned skills, google analytics, marketing tools, Canva, donor databases, campaign experience, etc.
- The ability to use collect data from our projects and channel that information into effective social media posts/campaigns for public knowledge.
- Fluency in English and experience in persuasive writing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter, and 2 work samples to email@example.com... In the cover letter, please state why you are passionate about SPI's projects, and how you can improve our current social medias. Please also include your availability for an interview in Athens, Greece time zone.