UNICEF Romania is looking for a consultant translator to translate, edit and proofread UNICEF publications in Romanian and English. These publications and documents can be of various types such as executive summaries or one page reports etc. and the aim is to share knowledge and facilitate horizontal cooperation at national, regional and global level.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through to adolescence.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in translation, editing and proofreading.
- Excellent command of English and Romanian.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure to produce reports.
- Previous experience in translating and proofreading of documents in social, education and health fields.
- Flexibility in responding to the needs of the contracting agency.
- Experience with international organizations and UN Agencies is an asset.
Time frame and duration of the assignment:
The selected consultant will be working under UNICEF Contract for Services for a year, with possibility to extend up to two years
For more details and to apply please see: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/506601/consultancy-for-translation-editing-and-proofreading-services-english-and-romanian