As the funded-project of ChildHub is drawing to an end on December 31st 2017, it is time to take stock. The purpose of the current evaluation is two-fold: on the one hand it is to assess to what extent the project has reached its objectives and delivered expected results as an accountability both towards the donors as well as the beneficiaries and stakeholders. On the other hand, it is an important tool for drawing lessons learnt for the future: the initiative is expected to continue in a phase II, for at least another 3 years, while exploring solutions for its long-term sustainability – both in terms of ensuring long-term funding as well as institutionalisation. The planned second phase of the project also includes an axis on this issue so recommendations are highly relevant. The current evaluation can provide important advice for areas of improvement and modifications in design and implementation of the project’s second phase.
Individuals as well as teams of up to 3 people are free to apply. In case of teams, knowledge of Albanian, Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian or Romanian of one team member is a strong asset.
Key Qualifications in the team should be (not all members need to have all of these qualifications) :
- Relevant academic degree (master level) in Social Work, Social Policy, international development
- A minimum of three years’ experience and expertise in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of child protection
- Team leader has conducted as a team leader at least three evaluations in the last five years ideally in the relevant field
- Team member has participated in at least three evaluations ideally in the relevant field
- Knowledge of South East European countries
- Working experience in South East European countries is an advantage
- Experience in project cycle management
- Experience preparing and analysing a theory of change
- Experience and expertise in evaluating cross-cutting issues
- Experience in social science methods (qualitative and quantitative methods)
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Knowledge of either Albanian, Bulgarian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian or Romanian is an advantage
- Sound MS Office and IT skills
The consultants must not have been involved in the design, implementation or monitoring of this project.
Please see the attached ToR for all the details and application process.
How to apply?
Please send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Description of the evaluation team, CVs, company (if any) presentation - making reference to the qualifications required
- Plan for the evaluation - following the requirements of the ToR and the requirements (maximum 3 pages)
- Financial offer that should include a total price, guarantees, conditions, hourly rates of team members
Additional project documentation mentioned in the ToR is available upon request!