Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Details: Local 1 year (renewable) full-time contract
Compensation: Net monthly compensation may vary between 2000 - 2130 EUR per month depending on skills and experience
Location: Kiev, Ukraine (with field visits, including to the conflict area)
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child right NGO in Switzerland established over 50 years ago. We operate in 36 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 2 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. Our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of maternal and child health and child protection.
In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in 22 countries, relying on teams based in Budapest (where the regional office is located), Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine.
As a representative of the foundation in the country of assignment, the country director leads and manages all programs carried out in the country and ensures its funding coverage.
- Directs the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, under the leadership of Tdh regional hub.
- Responsible for adequate implementation of the regional and global strategies and policies at country level
- Controls the application and supervision of signed agreements between Tdh and its partners and local/national authorities.
- Supervises the correct implementation of projects and develops advocacy strategies.
- Responsible for the management of the country team. Ensures the coaching of any collaborator under their responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Uses the good practices so that their management respects the values of Tdh. Applies and ensures the implementation of staff management policies within the delegation.
- Supervises the correct financial management of the office and the funds provided for it.
- In coordination with the regional delegation, directs the fundraising and the negotiations with funding partners present in the area of intervention.
- Fosters the correct communication and visibility of the projects and the foundation.
- Bears responsibility for the implementation of policies on security, child safeguarding and fraud prevention.
- Ensures the good reputation of Tdh in the country.
- Develops synergies and partnerships with the rest of national and international actors present in the area.
- Ensures the correct flow of operational information within the delegation and with the headquarters (especially for institutional reporting).
- Ensures and facilitate synergies with and direct contribution to the various strategies in the context of programmatic approaches, regionalization strategy and all other relevant field of interventions.
- 5+ years of management experience in an NGO
- University degree (Master’s or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field
- Successful track record of leading strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, other UN agencies.
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills)
- Strong team leadership qualities
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (C2) are required. Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills are highly desirable
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail and a high interested in innovation
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV, motivation letter, and contact details for two professional references (one of the references must be from most recent supervisor – references will not be contacted until consent is received from candidate) in English to email@example.com by December 10, 2017.
Please include “Country Director Ukraine Application and your full name” in the subject line.
Child Safeguarding Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.