Europe.bg announced the appearance of a job advert in the Official Journal of the European Union for the position of the European Data Protection Supervisor.
The role is responsible for ensuring respect for the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, in particular their rights of protection of personal data and privacy, by EU institutions, bodies, agencies and services in the processing of personal data.
The formal application requirements are as follows:
- Citizenship in a Member State of the European Union;
- Completed higher education attested by a diploma with a normal duration of 4 years or more OR a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year when the normal duration of higher education is at least 3 years.
- Professional experience: At least 15 years of post-graduate professional experience at a level meeting the abovementioned qualifications. At least 5 years of this experience must be in a field relevant to the job.
- Management experience: at least 5 years of the post-graduate professional experience has to be in a senior management position in an area relevant to the role.
- Languages: thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory level of a second one.
To apply, you must sign up on the following page and follow the instructions for the different stages:
The application requires a CV in PDF format and an online cover letter (maximum 8,000 characters). The CV and Cover Letter can be completed in any of the official EU languages.
The deadline for registration is 16th May 2019 at 12:00 noon Brussels time.