The Monitoring and Evaluation expert will implement a final evaluation of the program Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors (EYCA) implemented by IREX Europe in partnership with Centrul Media pentru Tineri and funded by the European Comission. The purpose of this evaluation is to provide an overall external assessment of the performance and the results of the project. The evaluation will focus on assessing the projects’ relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and, where possible, impact. The final evaluation will cover the 23 months of the project and all the activities carried out in the context of the project.
Project: Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors
Position: M&E Expert
Dates: September 2019
Location: Moldova and home-based
IREX Europe is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, foster pluralistic civil society development, and reduce conflict. The IREX Europe approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
We are looking for an experienced monitoring and evaluation expert with experience in media and information literacy and media development related project evaluation. Experience in Moldova and the region is a plus. Romanian and/or Russian language proficiency will be considered a significant asset.
- Develop the M&E methodology based on the project objectives, results and outputs, including field trips and meetings with various stakeholders;
- Implement a final evaluation of the program Empowering Youth to Become Civic Actors;
- Provide a final external evaluation report to IREX Europe.
- Formal education in a relevant field of study (media, communication, journalism or related fields) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least five years’ experience in the field of external evaluation;
- Experience in media development and media and information literacy projects’ evaluations;
- Experience in Moldova and / or neighbouring countries would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as either Romanian or Russian, is mandatory. Fluency in either Romanian or Russian would be a strong asset.
If you are interested please send your CV (highlighting past relevant experiences), a draft M&E methodology, and a budget to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10th 2019. Selection will be based on best value for money.