You are a strong Finance professional; you enjoy planning, budgeting and managing resources. You are energetic, meticulous and organised. You are not afraid of managing growth and working hard. You love innovation in everything you do and you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact? This challenge is for you.
Start date 15 March 2018
Contract Two-year, local, full-time contract, renewable. The selected candidate and Tdh will aim at establishing a long-term working relationship.
Salary Ranging EUR 1900-2100 net depending on skills and experience (paid in local currency).
Location Budapest with travel to Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine.
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
Priority will be given to candidates legally eligible to work in Hungary.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. The Regional Office has been operating since 2006. In line with Tdh new strategic Plan, Tdh is recruiting an administration and finance Manager for the Regional Office.
As a member of the regional Executive team, and working under the technical supervision of the Finance Controller (Contrôleur de Gestion) based in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Finance and Admin Manager leads and manages all finance and administrative issues at the Regional Office level. The Manager is in charge of managing a budget of nearly CHF 3 mio for 2018 (a 60% increase from 2017).
Financial Management responsibilities (40 %)
- Co-responsibility in budget design, together with the Deputy Delegate and the Project Coordinators or other Tdh staff and presentations to the Head of Eastern Europe Region;
- Reports to and advises the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate in budget management and follow-up;
- Elaborates procedures for internal financial control and verifies their enactment;
- Full responsibility in the elaboration of financial reports as per donor’s financial requirements, with the participation of the FO;
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention;
- Delegates to the FO and Admin support team the day to day financial and accountancy follow-up, control the management of all procedures and schedules set-up;
- Undertakes surprise cash counts and reports back to Head of Region and Deputy Delegate.
Admin, Payroll and Management responsibilities (40 %):
- Uses Administrative Guidebook as a basis, verifies that the administrative and financial procedures are maintained with highest vigilance, proposes updates to Deputy Delegate and Head of Region as necessary;
- General management of Finance and Administration team, delegating daily duties and coordinating the work of the Finance and Administration team in Regional Office;
- Coordinates with the Project Team for all activities to be organized in the framework of the delegation projects;
- In charge of accurate and timely payroll;
- Defines roles and activities of the Finance and Administration team including Finance Assistant, Office Assistant; participates in job interviews in case of vacancies in the Finance and Administration team in Budapest office and their training for their respective position;
- Verifies established procedures relative to inventories, procurement, vehicle maintenance and use, computer maintenance, etc. and proposes updates as necessary;
- Direct Manager of the Finance and Office Assistant for all matters related to logistics and bookings;
- Coordinates Administration team on organisation of logistics needs for events, visits, activities.
Relations with Partners and Donors (10%):
- Local/Regional Partners’ relations: Verifies and assist in the preparation of Collaboration Agreements with partners, assuring that the financial conditions of the Collaboration Agreement respects Tdh financial regulation; Offer financial training to partners when requested;
- Donors’ relations: Assist with administrative contact with donors and acts as financial interlocutor for the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate;
- Assist the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate in fundraising issues and financial presentations.
Organisational Development and Strategy (10 %):
- Based on specific and time-bound mandates provided by the Finance Controller in Lausanne and Head of Region, the Manager will provide capacity-building, training and support to finance staff in the region;
- Assists and advises the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate in the definition of the programme/projects financial strategy and monitoring;
- In close coordination with the Regional Resource Mobilisation Manager, assists and advises the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate in the definition of the fundraising and funding coverage strategy;
- In collaboration with the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate finalise the budgets for new Tdh Projects / Donors;
- Assists the Head of Region and Deputy Delegate in the regionalisation pilot project and in on-going improvement of the internal organisation and the team structuring for better efficiency;
- Compile the Administrative and Finance reports and produce a monthly report for the Head of Eastern Europe Region and Deputy Delegate.
- 5+ years of finance management experience, preferably with an NGO;
- Experience with institutional donors required, such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, other UN agencies;
- Extensive management experience (management, planning, executing, team leading, staff development);
- Excellent team player;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English (C1) are required, Hungarian as an asset;
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure;
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail and a high interest in innovation (e.g. paperless accounting).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include "Finance and Admin Manager, [your name and surname]" in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.