Under the responsibility of the Regional Administrator, the administration and finance officer will perform his/her duties.
- Ensure daily management of cash and bank movements, in respect with financial procedures
- Ensure relations with bank, including administrative updates
- Ensure daily management of accounting systems for the Hungarian based office as well as multiple operational partners, including: verification of authenticity of cash and bank documents, respect of procurement procedures, compliance with donor requirements and internal financial procedures.
- Ensure management of accounting systems on daily / weekly bases.
- Ensure follow up with partner organizations on financial terms
- Ensure monthly and Yearly closure of accounts.
- Participate in the preparation and carrying out of the audit work for the annual statutory audit or donor’s audit
- Work in close relation with the non-finance departments to succeed flow of operations constantly and in respect with financial procedures
- Ensure update of information, on donor contracts, partners follow up, allocation tables and so on
- Ensure preparation of financial reports, and budget proposal drafts, or act as Human Resources interim, when needed and in link with administrative requirements only
- Control of any discrepancies observed
- Uphold the good reputation of Tdh as a leading organization on migration in the region, recognized and sought by all stakeholders for its technical expertise
These responsibilities are carried out in synergy and close collaborations with the other regions and other departments. This list is not exclusive and can be adapted from the lien manager.
- Education: University degree in relevant field
- Experiences and aptitudes: At least 5 years previous experience of accounting and finances, ideally in Non-governmental organizations setup
- Successful track record of work with donors as (Europe Aid, SDC, DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.)
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2 and Hungarian,
- Knowledge of Saga software is an added advantage
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctually under pressure
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV, motivation letter, and 2 professional references (one of the references must be from most recent supervisor) to email@example.com. Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
Please include “Finance Officer Application and your full name” in the subject line.