This volunteer position is open to those experienced in Fundraising for non-profits with long-term availability.
Safe Place International (SPI) is a somewhat new organization that works grassroots style in Greece and Turkey with the most vulnerable groups of refugees and migrants. Our projects focus on providing basic and emergency support such as food, housing, and language support to beneficiaries. Please look at our website (undergoing a face life) for more information.
- Create a fundraising plan/strategy for SPI
- Develop and achieve fundraising targets
- Work with grants, individuals, and events to reach goals
- Foster relationships with donors and work with Donor Relations Coordinator
- Budget incoming and outgoing money
- Liaising with the fundraising team
Ideal candidates should have:
- the ability to work with us long-term (as opposed to a few months)
- a background in fundraising/fundraising management
- experience working with non-profits
- experience managing and organizing cash flow
- excellent English communication skills
- the ability to work in a team
- an undeniable passion for the work we do
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email Volunteer@safeplaceinternational.org with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
In the cover letter, please address why you want to join the Safe Place International team specifically, and how your past experience prepares you for this role.
Additionally, please include 3 preferred dates/times for an interview in Athens, Greece time zone.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!