UNICEF Moldova is seeking an Individual Consultant to develop adjustments to legislation for diversification of mechanisms and sources for vaccine procurement.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through to adolescence.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To provide technical assistance in vaccine procurement area, with particular focus on developing amendments to the procurement law.
- Develop concept note on feasible scenarios that impact positively the price and timely access to vaccines.
- Finalize Country action plan for strengthening the vaccine procurement system in the Republic of Moldova.
- Develop, consult and validate a set of documents on amendments required to procurement law to ensure diversification of vaccine procurement mechanisms and sources to ensure for efficient vaccine procurement mechanisms.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Law, Public Health or other relevant science.
- At least 3 years’ experience in national public procurement system.
- Proven experience in development and or adjustment legal framework.
- Proven experience in public procurements with focus on health sector is a strong asset.
- Analytical capacity and proven experience in planning and management.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Experience in working with UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset.
- Excellent command of Romanian and good level of English, both oral and written.
Duration: 60 days across the 4 months of September-December.
For more details please see the attached terms of reference and to apply please follow the link: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506227