Job Title: International Expert in the needs assessment of civil society organizations, service providers in domestic violence field
Duty Station: Project “Support to National Coalition “Life without Domestic Violence in Moldova” to improve protection for women and children victims of domestic violence
Duration of Employment: Short term consultancy, up to 35 working days (June – September 2018).
Organizational setting: The expert will work in a team with a national consultant, under the direct supervision of and report to the Coordinator and the Board of the Coalition.
The National Coalition ”Life without violence” is a joint platform of 22 organizations and public institutions, service providers working in the field of preventing and combating domestic violence and violence against women. The members of the Coalition provide support and development services for women and children, victims of domestic violence at the community level, including counseling, primary and specialized legal assistance, immediate and long-term psychological assistance, shelter, social and economic support, programs for rehabilitation as well as programs for perpetrators. Members of the National Coalition participate and contribute to the process of analysis and developing of national legislation, policies and standards, monitor implementation of the legislation by the authorities and conduct awareness raising activities and information campaigns.
Institutional and functional assessment of members of the National Coalition, adequacy of its setup for addressing the domestic violence and needs of its survivors in the regions and country in general and to some extent by assessing the services provided to their beneficiaries and providing specific recommendations for targeted capacity building and improvements.
- Mapping of the members and their profile (where is needed in comparison with information from the Capacity Gap Analysis report from 2014);
- Analysis of the services, provided by members of the Coalition to women and children, victims of domestic violence, in line with international standards;
- Analysis of human resources, capacities, challenges, and needs;
- Specific recommendations for further improvements.
Specific methods and tasks:
- To conduct a desk research about the members of the Coalition;
- To develop the questionnaire for interviews, in line with the profile of organizations;
- To test the questionnaire with one/two organization with a different profile,
- To adjust the questionnaire according to the comments of the interviewed organization;
- To conduct a structured analysis of interview findings as a result of interviews conducted by the national consultant,
- To draft the report and consult it with Coordinator and members of the Coalition;
- To present the final report during a workshop for members of the Coalition.
- Questionnaire for interviews;
- Capacity assessment Report with specific recommendations for members of the Coalition, including recommendations on the targeted capacity building of service providers.
- Desk research profile of the members of the Coalition - 10 WDs (home-based), June/July 2018;
- Development of the questionnaire for interviews – 5 WDS, July 2018;
- Piloting of the questionnaire with one/two organizations – 5 WDS, July 2018,
- Adjusting the questionnaire according to the recommendation – 3 WDs (Home-based), July/August 2018;
- Structured analysis of interviews findings – 7 WDs (home-based), August 2018,
- Drafting the assessment report and finalizing it in line with the comments of the Coordinator and members of the Coalition – 3 WDs, September 2018;
- Presenting the report at a workshop – 2 WDs, September/October 2018.
The Coordinator of the National Coalition will provide the expert with the necessary information, materials, and office supplies for the fulfillment of tasks and will facilitate contact with relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications for consultants (physical persons or engaged by providers):
- University Degree in law, project, business or change management, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences or another related areas;
- Master degree in the above mentioned area would be an asset;
- Communication background in above-mentioned area would be an asset.
Work Experience (minimum 7 years in total)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant comprehensive and in-depth expertise in functional and organizational analysis of the organizations and coalitions;
- Relevant experience of assessing and organizational consultancy, policy formulation and implementation for the organizations and coalitions;
- Consultancy for the organizations and coalitions working in human rights, especially in gender equality and domestic violence, would be an asset;
- Relevant experience of working with a wide spectrum of stakeholders, especially with different exponents of civil society;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of issues related to establishing, developing and advancing the organizations and networks;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment: cultural, gender, religion, race nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Innovative assessment and training approach, methods and technics would be an asset.
- Strong strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking, proven written skills,
- Ability for the detailed and substance-oriented analysis,
- Ability to communicate efficiently (verbally and in writing),
- Ability to develop the report and provide clear recommendations and findings;
- Good drafting skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of Romanian or Russian language will be an asset.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use IT tools.
- Personal qualities:
- Responsibility, thoroughness;
- Carefully to details;
- Flexibility and human-based values.
National Coalition is committed to achieving workforce diversity with regard to gender, ethnolinguistic background, age, etc. Experts from different minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The full application package shall include: Cover Letter, CV, at least one relevant recommendation letters and/or the names and contact details of reference persons and financial offer. Interested candidates should submit their applications in English with the mark “National Coalition Short term expert” by Monday, 18 June 2018, e-mail email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.