UNICEF Moldova is looking for an International Expert to provide expertise for the review of the assessment and evaluation arrangements in education in the Republic of Moldova.
Objectives of the consultancy
- Analyse the design and practices under each of the four components – student assessment; teacher appraisal; school evaluation; system evaluation – and at how they can enhance student learning
- Analyse the linkages between different types of assessment (large-scale assessments, examinations, formative and summative assessment) and the cohesion between these and other aspects of the system, such as curriculum, textbooks, teacher education/ training, classroom instruction and education management information systems (EMIS)
- Identify the challenges and opportunities for developing a coherent assessment and evaluation framework that can inform evidence-based policymaking and practices - at the various levels of the system, i.e. student, teacher/school leader, school and system
- Propose better link between the international assessments with the national assessment system
- Identify and propose best ways to support schools in collecting and analysing learning evidence to inform school and classroom practices, school development planning, etc.
- Provide concrete policy recommendations to enable the country to use the analysis to develop a robust strategy for strengthening its national learning assessment system.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced University Degree in educational sciences, social studies and/or another field related to the area relevant for the assignment
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of educational policies, which includes provision of consultancy and technical advice services to public institutions related to assessment and evaluation in education;
- At least 5 years of proven experience in carrying out analysis with reference to educational policies, strategies, plans;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in research approaches and methods;
- Demonstrated experience conducting interviews with government officials and the community, and familiarity with ethical guidelines when working with human subjects;
- Experience in working with UN Agencies will be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in working with government institutions is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in the field in ECA region including Moldova is an asset.
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written.
- Working command of Romanian and/ or Russian is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=517780
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 26 November 2018
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.