Project: Joint Programme on Domestic Violence in Kosovo
The main objective of the second phase of the Joint Programme on Domestic Violence in Kosovo is to develop local capacities of service providers in northern Kosovo to respond to domestic violence cases and contribute to creation of coordination mechanisms involving institutional and civil society actors while, in parallel, continuing with monitoring activities in the three previous pilot municipalities, where the programme has been focusing its activities during its first phase. The Joint Programme is being implemented by five UN Agencies: UNDP, UNWOMEN, UNFPA, UNICEF and OHCHR.
Under direct supervision of the UNDP Programme Analyst, the Joint Programme Coordinator is responsible for coordination of the implementation of the joint programme activities, while ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently all program activities and resources (human, financial, physical / material assets, etc.) in order to meet expected results.
- Act as the Leader of a high-performing Programme Team and as an Officer in Charge of UNDP/UNKT Project Office in Zvecan/Zvecan.
- Coordinate activities and record results of the Joint Programme
- Liaise and network with relevant international and local stakeholders and partners in northern Kosovo
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Economy, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or other related areas in combination with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- A BA degree in Economy, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or other related fields is acceptable, in combination with 6 years of relevant working experience
- At least 3 years (6 years for BA level degree) of progressively responsible experience at the central/regional level in the areas of public administration, local development, social protection or other related field;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for an international agency or donor organization or NGO is a pre-requisite;
- Proven track record in promoting gender equality, preferably specializing in Domestic Violence/Gender Based Violence is an advantage;
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential
- Working knowledge of Serbian is required. Working knowledge of Albanian is an advantage
- Click on the 'Apply now' button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit 'submit application' tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (P-11).
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment
- Without the completed and signed P11, your application may not be considered. The UNDP Personal History Form can be downloaded at this link: http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/operations/jobs
Location: Zvecan/Zvecan, Kosovo, UN Administered Territory
Starting Date: 01-Apr-2015
Duration of Initial Contract: 12 months
For more details visit UNjobs' website.