You can make a difference! Your time and skills can make a real impact in people’s lives.
The Child Protection Hub/Terre des hommes is looking for volunteers to translate existing materials on the childhub website into Serbo-Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian and Albanian. This work can be done remotely with the use of internet access. Technical assistance will be provided in order to enable the volunteers to upload translated content themselves - physical location is not an issue.
- Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Proofread and edit final translated versions
- Fluency in two or more languages including English, verbally and particularly in writing;
- A good understanding and in-depth knowledge of language/country-specific cultures, known as localisation
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines;
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar;
- Interest in child protection
- Previous professional experience in a translation position is an asset;
- Experience with websites and digital tools
- Develop your work experience and skills
- Become part of the professional child protection community
- Connect with others with similar interests
- Increase your overall knowledge in the child protection field
- Help child protection professionals to better serve their communities
- Receive a certificate in recognition of your volunteership
Advanced English knowledge and fluency in Serbo-Croatian, Romanian, Hungarian, Albanian or Bulgarian is mandatory.
Time Commitment: Minimum 2 hours per week
Volunteer Opportunity Duration: Indefinite (Minimum 1 month)
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV and a brief explanation of the reasons why you are applying for this position in the body of the email in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in the subject line: Volunteer Translator Application 2017 for ( list language(s) you want to translate).
Selected candidates will be required to sign and adhere to Tdh's child protection policy.