You are a strong Monitoring and Evaluation professional. You love innovation in everything you do and you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact? This challenge is for you.
Start date As soon as possible.
Contract One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Salary Ranging EUR 700-900 net (paid in local currency) depending on skills, experience and placement of the position.
Location Bucharest or Budapest, with regular travels between Romania and Hungary.
The candidates should be legally eligible to work in Romania or Hungary.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, Tdh is committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through its innovative protection and health projects, Tdh provides assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
This position will contribute to the better monitoring of Tdh’s project implementation in Romania and Hungary. The post holder will assist in data collection, analysis and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency for Tdh’s projects. This position will be based in one of the two following locations: Bucharest or Budapest, with regular travels between Romania and Hungary.
- Provides support in the project cycle for quality implementation which includes:
- Contribution to setting realistic and measurable indicators for project proposals,
- Collecting and analysing data against the set indicators,
- Providing advice on improving project performance,
- Conducting internal evaluations mid-term and after project completion;
- Works with field staff to improve data collection and monitoring processes, including capacity building;
- Under the technical supervision of the Regional Quality&Accountability Advisor, develops tools for systematic data collection and analysis;
- Coordinates and leads internal and external processes for drawing lessons from completed projects, and collect good practices;
- Liaise with partners and academic institutions to check quality of findings and methodology.
- 3+ years of experience in coordinating and supporting Monitoring and Evaluation processes;
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field;
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to improve programme quality;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to learn, apply and comply with donor and reporting requirements;
- Previous experience in measuring (evidence-based) outcomes and/or evaluating programmes;
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Romanian language;
- Prior experience in NGO work, especially with children is a strong asset;
- Strong team spirit;
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work with limited supervision;
- Ability to travel to rural communities.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com. Please include “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found this Vacancy Announcement.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.