Are you a driven, tenacious, and innovative individual, interested in generating a drastic difference in the lives of children through the most world renown children's rights organization?
If so, UNICEF is interested in YOU! The UNICEF office in Baku, Azerbaijan, is seeking to employ a national consultant, who will assume responsibility for gathering and analyzing information to perform the overall assessment of mobility and coping strategies of street children in Azerbaijan.
- Conduct one-on-one interviews with children who currently or were previously homeless and are working on the streets. Interviews must also be conducted with participants related to the CLWS
- Oversee smooth processes for FGD's for children and youth residing and working on the streets
- Analytically observe trends pertaining to location of CLWS in Baku and relevant regions, which will further be included in conducted studies
- Establish "area social-zone maps" which displays sub-groups, their territories and their notable characteristics
- Conduct biographical reviews of the histories pertaining to CLWS through repeated interviews and to gather information from multiple sources or network observations
- For Fieldwork: Accurately display anthropological characteristics of individuals residing in Baku and other regions in the country.
- Compose imperative field notes and transcripts upon each specified interactive session
- Compose interactive session notes: Must be written and translated to English
- Prepare summaries of conclusions in fieldwork findings and observations of the workday, in order to establish a framework for guidance for future information production
- Generate and oversee imperative results that display defined research questions and be ordered to the intended report outline
- Written materials of interactive sessions in both Azerbaijani and English
- Summarization of interviews and focus groups in English
- Summarization of biographies of interviewed children on the experience , comprised through multiple interviews, also with parents and resource personnel, in English
- Advanced University degree in social sciences or other related study/practical experience
- Owing to previous research experience is an asset, especially in: conducting surveys, performing interviews, overseeing FGD's procedures, transcribing, crafting summarizations and analytical assessments.
- Fluent in English and Azerbaijani. Fluency in Russian is also an asset.
Do you possess these qualifications? Are you interested in making a positive impact on the lives of children? Click here to apply and for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION IS JUNE 20, 2017