UNICEF Ukraine is looking for National Consultant on U-Report based in Ukraine (a position is open to Nationals of Ukraine only).
U-Report is a global UNICEF project aimed at strengthening youth participation. It is based on innovative, user-centered opinion monitoring tool which enables real-time and anonymous data collection through free SMS, Facebook Messenger, Telegram and Viber. Since the start of the project in 2016, over 65,000 young people have joined it to speak out on issues that matter to them in weekly polls. These data is used for adjusting policies and programs of government, civic society, international organizations and youth groups.
Note: The assignment includes 20 days of local travel to the field. Total number of working days is 200 during 10 months. Payments to be made upon completion of each deliverable according to schedule.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19 September 2018
The key tasks of the consultancy are:
- Facilitate and coordinate a development and implementation of the Project Work Plan with the internal and external partners and stakeholders, including various UNICEF Country Office (CO) sections.
- Provide monitoring of the project activities based on the Work Plan, submit the monthly reports to CO.
- Build partnership network with government, civil society, UN, youth groups, local authorities and other counterparts through the mechanism of the Project Steering Committee to constructively engage them in U-Report and enable a coordinated interaction mainly through a net of the defined focal points. Ensure that the youth opinion reports are presented to the relevant duty bearers and officials for follow-up.
- Draft and implement strategies to better integrate U-Report as a tool and its findings into UNICEF Country Program, collaborate with other UN agencies, Government of Ukraine, and civil society.
- Facilitate a preparation of U-Report quarterly polling plans. Collect inputs from Steering Committee partners to each polling plan. Liaise with the focal points within the CO to ensure programme integration and that polls are reviewed and approved before being sent out. Ensure that all public and external analytical statements are approved by the CO. Monitor the activity in RapidPro, U-Report dashboard and in media.
- Liaise with the U-Report focal points in the other COs and Global Innovation Centre, manage information flows and build project-related knowledge, and ensure that the project implementation fully corresponds with its goals, as well as based on the global principles and guidelines.
- Plan and organize youth events and official meetings related to U-Report.
- Work with the Communications and C4D sections at UNICEF to run promo campaigns to reach U-Report goals.
- Facilitate production of promo materials, communication products and designs for the project needs.
- Document the experience including the successful cases and share it with the stakeholders and other COs which implement U-Report.
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of U-Report, and provide recommendations for improvement based on M&E reports on half-yearly basis.
- Support UNICEF Ukraine in rolling out youth campaigns or projects with relevant expertise on if-needed basis.
To apply for a current position please follow a link: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516105