UNICEF Moldova is looking for an Individual Consultant to to strengthen the capacity of LPAs and stakeholders in Singerei district on Public Finance Management for children through on the job training, specifically on strategic planning, budget formulation, budget execution and monitoring, and budget reporting.
Purpose of the consultancy:
The purpose of this consultancy is to support Singerei district to strengthen the capacities of Local Public Authorities (LPAs), at Levels one and two, in Public Finance Management (PFM), including by assessing needs and provision of technical assistance for budget and expenditures planning and analysis contributing to impactful implementation of child related policies at local level.
In seeking to further build PFM and budget planning and analysis skills, the consultancy will support local stakeholders in budget and expenditures analysis at district and municipal levels and in planning, costing and executing local child related social sector service budgets which better link budget preparation to children, adolescents and youth related policies thereby contributing to enhanced access to quality and equitable services for child, adolescents and youth.
Objective of the consultancy:
The objective of this consultancy will be to strengthen the capacity of LPAs and stakeholders in Singerei district on Public Finance Management for children through on the job training, specifically on strategic planning, budget formulation, budget execution and monitoring, and budget reporting.
The collection of necessary budget data from levels I and II LPAs is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the task and is an essential preparatory phase for the capacity strengthening and building exercise.
Documenting lessons learned will be an important part of the assignment too.
During all stages of the consultancy, the consultant will discuss and report on progress and address any technical issues arising during the consultancy with UNICEF Moldova.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Public Policy, Fiscal Reform, or any other relevant areas;
- A solid knowledge of PFM instruments and proven experience (at least 8 years) with government social sector budget analysis, at national and decentralised levels;
- Experience with collecting and working with complex financial data sets;
- Good analytical and writing skills, and the ability to present the results in a simple language, making use of visual aids (maps, graphs and other visual tools);
- Experience with the capacity building field and especially social policy;
- Ability to facilitate training sessions with local authorities and maintaining confidentiality;
- Excellent command of Romanian and English, both oral and written; knowledge of Russian is an asset;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- Previous work experience with Governmental Institutions or a UN agency will be considered a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=525397
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, preference will be given to female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/.