UNICEF Moldova is looking for National Individual Consultant for support to conduct a budget analysis and produce a budget brief on Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Child protection services financing Moldova.
The National Individual Consultant will develop two succinct budget analysis and budget briefs with clear recommendations on financing of pre-school education and financing of child protection services, identifying the critical public finance related bottlenecks (related to adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness, equity, and transparency and accountability).
Qualifications and experience:
- An advanced University Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Governance, Fiscal reform or other relevant areas;
- 8 years in experience in Public Finance Management and budget analysis;
- A solid knowledge of PFM instruments, and proven experience on similar analyses of the State Budget with focus on social sectors;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and the ability to present the results in a simple language, making use of interesting visual aid (maps, graphs and other visual tools);
- Ability to complete the task in a tight schedule and with limited supervision.
- Consolidated knowledge and foundation on crosscutting themes such as equity and sectoral decentralization;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- High proficiency in English;
- Previous work experience with an UN agency a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516101
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 21 September 2018
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, preference will be given to female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.