The Parents Association are Looking for a Program Coordinator "Digital-Media Literacy". The position involves the responsibility to plan, develop, implement and monitor the organization's work and projects in all aspects related to parenting and education in the digital age. The coordinator's role requires ensuring the achievement of the objective and the objectives of the program activity as well as contributing to the sustainable development of the organization in the context of its strategic plan. The co-ordinator works with all members of the organization's team, partner organizations in the country and abroad, members of the organization, representatives of relevant state and local authorities and other stakeholders.
The main tasks that Parents Association notes are the following:
- Responsible for the advocacy work of the Parents Association in the field of supporting parents and children in building coping skills in the digital age.
- Responsible for co-ordinating work with partner organizations in the field of digital media literacy by organizing regular exchange of information, feedback from events and meetings, opportunities and resources related to the topic.
- Guide to the work of the Consultative Line for Children, Parents and Professionals at the National Safer Internet Center.
- Planning, organizing and conducting different types of trainings for teachers, professionals working with children and parents on topics related to digital literacy and parenting in the digital age.
- Representing the Parents Association of Public Events, giving interviews and participating in press conferences of the organization.
- Responsibility for the execution of specific tasks on individual projects in accordance with an order issued by the Executive Director.
The required conditions are as follows:
- Completed higher education;
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication, public presentation and work with people;
- Good computer skills - Microsoft Office, E-mail and Internet;
- Good knowledge of the specifics of social networks - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and others. and the capabilities of the online environment for producing and distributing information (blogs, deposits, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in child and adolescent psychology;
- Skills for conducting trainings, seminars, discussions;
- Very good command of English;
- Possibility for trips in the country and abroad;
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Enthusiasm and vigor, flexibility and skills to persuade and attract adherents;
- Recommended experience of working with schools and school projects and / or counseling with children and families;
- Preference will be given to previous experience in a non-governmental organization and work related to project coordination, education policies and / or advocacy.
Successful candidates have the following advantages:
- Work in one of the leading organizations working for children and families in Bulgaria;
- Working in a flexible, dynamic and motivated team;
- Ability to participate in the development of one of the newest topics in the field of parenting and education - digital literacy;
- Personal development potential in the field of system work with parents, education, online counseling, project management, advocacy;
- Initial training;
- Employment contract.
Parents Association will approach the selection of candidates in three stages under the following conditions:
- Documents submission from 9:00 am on October 3, 2017 to 9:00 am on October 17, 2017 by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selection of candidates by document. The organization will only contact candidates approved at the first stage.
- Interview - interviews with approved candidates are scheduled for 23-30 October 2017
Required application documents:
- Freelance CV with contact details of two referrals and a description of the relationship between the applicant and them (eg employer, direct supervisor, lecturer, etc.)
- Motivation letter for the specific position and work in the Association.