Early childhood education and care is a right of all children and a global commitment recognized by the UN’s Sustainable Developmental Goal 4 with the objective to ensure that all boys and girls have access to quality early childhood education and care by 2030. The Strategy of the Development of Education in Serbia until 2020 has set priorities and main objectives in ECEC:
- increasing enrolment of children aged 3-5 in ECEC to 75%,
- improving quality of ECEC,
- enhancing efficiency and relevance of the ECEC system to assure accessibility, equity and quality of provided early childhood education and care.
In order to strengthen capacities of the pre-school teachers for implementation of the new pre-school curriculum and approach - in the next 5 years, with the WB loan, the MoESTD is adding about 17,000 preschool spaces for children, and will roll out a comprehensive capacity building programme (training, mentoring, coaching, horizontal sharing) for 12,000 pre-school teachers.
The UNICEF approach supports and facilitates horizontal learning between pre-schools, with the aim of transferring knowledge, experience and good practices already in place in the innovative pre-schools in the country to other preschools. UNICEF will support development of different modalities of horizontal and peer learning such as:
- Peer review
- Twinning through visits to good practice kindergartens
For the roll out at the level of the pre-school institutions, it is expected that each pre-school institution will have at least 1-2 kindergartens to serve as a “host” kindergartens for peer review and peer visits and they will be used as a good practice example within their own pre-school institution and as an example to other pre-school institutions that will be involved in peer-exchange.
Work Assignment Overview:
The Coordinator for peer learning and horizontal exchange will prepare, organize and facilitate peer learning events with kindergartens which will act as cluster centres (Čačak, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Loznica, Pirot) according to the methodology developed through the Project. It is expected that the Coordinator will develop and support 5 communities of practice within the project.
Duration of the assignment: July 2019 - October 2022 (up to 140 work days)
Task 1: Preparation of peer learning training according to the program developed through the Project.
- Facilitating selection of 90 participants in peer learning training, who will later act as hosts for peer learning events
- Communication and facilitation of cooperation with participants and PSIs
- Participation in and facilitation of peer learning training
Task 2: Preparation, organization and facilitation of peer learning events with kindergartens which will act as cluster centres (Čačak, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Loznica, Pirot) according to the methodology developed through the Project.
- Preparation of documentation for accreditation of peer learning events
- Preparation schedule of peer learning events, matching PSIs and cluster centers (groups of 30 participants from at least 3 pre-school institutions who attend training for the implementation PCF during the working year)
- Preparation of information on upcoming peer-reviews for pre-school institutions and timely submissions to the Institute for Improvement of Education
- Organization of 2 accredited events (visits) in each of the 5 clusters yearly
- Provision logistical support for peer learning visits and facilitation of the visit, based on peer learning programme
- Submission of reports on realized visits based on standard IIE evaluation sheets for participants and hosts, as well as evaluation sheets developed in the Project
- Preparation of summary report on peer learning events, based on tools developed within the capacity building programme by monitoring consultant
Task 3: Organization and facilitation of twining (study visit) in the pre-school institutions implementing new PCF.
- Forms groups of 30 participants from up to 5 pre-school institutions which attend training for the implementation of PCF during the working year
- Organize 2 events per year - mutual visits of kindergarten representatives who attend training for the implementation of PCF during the working year
- Provision logistical support for peer learning visits and facilitation of the visit, based on peer learning framework
- Submits a report on realized visits based on standard evaluation sheets and evaluation sheets for participants and hosts developed in the Project
- University degree in Education, Preschool Education, Early Childhood Development, Pedagogy, Psychology, Sociology, Special Pedagogy or other fields of Social Studies and Humanities;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in education policy and practice in Serbia;
- Basic computer skills (MS Office - Word, Power Point, Excel, Internet);
- Excellent knowledge of all regulations in the field of preschool education in the Republic of Serbia;
- Sound judgement in follow-up on requests;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines through excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Experience in peer learning projects, or participation in peer learning in your own institution.
How to apply:
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the following information:
- Daily rate (all costs to be included e.g. health insurance, pension, usage of mobile phone),
- Daily travel allowance for overnight stay in Serbia (including accommodation),
- Transportation costs per km.
The closing date for applications is 14th June 2019.
Important note: Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=522712