The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development is a non-profit organization, created and developed by American-Syrian activists, and furthermore mandates to assist in relieving the perpetual burdens of people in need. Since its commencement, the organization has delivered life saving aid while overseeing developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian internally displaced persons and refugees along with host committees.
POSITION: Vacancy Ref. no: MF-HR/17-046
The Maram Foundation is interested in having a Program Coordinator join its team. The role of the Program Coordinator is to efficiently and effectively manage the establishment and growth of the protection initiatives in Syria, which are aligned with Maram Foundation strategies, policies and operations. The successful candidate will provide practical and advisory support to such initiatives in Syria.
- Supplement and guide the facilitation of practical planning and the establishment of the protection programming in line with government regulations, and donor requirements.
- Guide development and support the establishment of protection initiatives, including referrals, case management, gender based violence, psychosocial support, and general protection.
- Guide the development/revision of state strategy for the protection sector.
- Manage interactions with stakeholders, primarily with relevant government departments, donors and collaborating agencies, by representing the program in relevant collaborative mechanisms and ensuring the dissemination of program information, achievements and lesson learned as well as the active participation in policy discourse and advocacy activities.
- Craft all necessary reports such as progress reports, yearly reports and final reports for donors.
- Coordinate donor visits, evaluations and program reviews, as instructed.
- Actively participate and contribute in the protection of practical working group and cluster meetings.
- Ensure timely and accurate budgets and revisions for projects.
- Ensure that project expenditure is undertaken and is aligned with finance practices and procedures, and that resources are efficiently utilized
- Oversee budgets and financial organization by ensuring that all implemented units have updated spending plans while successfully tracking spending
- Oversee grants activity to confirm the best use of resources and work closely with finance units to ensure timely submission of financial and narrative reports to donors.
- Work with the team to ensure all activities are orchestrated, prioritized, fulfilled and monitored in efficient and effective ways, while considering advocacy issues
- Grant complete cooperation with security plans and protocols, assigned staff, while contributing to their capability in building and career development.
- Coach all team members to ensure they fully comprehend results that are expected of them
- Ensure team members are aware of core policies and procedures relevant to their work, and with the support of others
Interested in this position? Please click here for more information regarding qualifications and to submit your application. Please submit your application and resume BEFORE July 5, 2017.