General conditions: Employment Contract
Position Start Date: January 2019
Duration of the Contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension);
Location of duty: Prishtina
Terre des hommes (Tdh) Albania & Kosovo is a non-profit making organization which has been operating for over 15 years in the field of child rights and child protection, leading the establishment and strengthening of a national child protection system in Kosovo. Terre des hommes’ area of expertise ranges from direct psycho-social interventions with vulnerable children and their family and community members, to empowerment of local, regional and national level governmental institutions and key stakeholders through capacity-building and on-the-job training in order to develop and implement proper child-sensitive structures, policies, standards and procedures. Terre des hommes Kosovo has 3 main programs of interventions: 1) Child Protection 2) Migration and Anti-Trafficking 3) Juvenile Justice.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
S/he will provide technical expertise and management of Tdh Kosovo programme in the area of child protection through programme design and funding acquisition, implementation, management, communications, capacity building and monitoring of all projects and activities in the field of child protection. S/he should guide the advocacy, research and contribute in strategic planning process of the organization, as well as liaise and nurture partnering relations with local, national and international stakeholders to contribute to the overall programme goal of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of child protection and social welfare in all project proposal developments and project implementation, including synergies with the other programme components of the organization in Kosovo;
- Oversee the implementation of child protection strategy and projects targeting child protection issues and social services, ensuring planning and quality achievements of programme objectives;
- Lead the project Child protection safety net-phase III;
- Proactively explore funding opportunities in the area of responsibility and engage with Deputy Country Representative and the Country Representative in fundraising activities as required by the supervisor;
- Develop evidence based assessment reports, situational analysis and draft policy papers that enhance the organizational advocacy interventions in the area of responsibility;
- Participate in the recruitment, coach, develop and manage a strong project team under the programme umbrella, building a culture of empowerment, high performance, open transparency and mutual support;
- Ensure technical leadership on capacity building activities and lead the development of training programs and modules on child protection;
- Lead the development of institutional partnerships with ministries, donors, universities and other key stakeholders in the area of child protection and social services;
- Develop and lead the advocacy strategy of Tdh Kosovo in the field of child protection and access to social services.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or Law is required;
- At least 5 years of working experience in the field of child protection and social care services;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Strong skills in program development, proposal and report writing;
- Sound knowledge in financial management;
- Ability to work independently with little direction from others as necessary;
- Good communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, flexible world view and emotional maturity;
- Ability to communicate effectively, present the program to donors and partners, write well and express technical issues in a sensitive manner;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Albanian
How to apply:
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of ID
Application for this vacancy will be open from 07 December, 2018 until the right candidate is found. Please include “Programme Officer on Child Protection” in the subject line.
Child Safeguarding policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.