Project Coordinator i-RESTORE
Regional Office of Terre des hommes in Budapest
Start date 2 September 2019
Contract One year, renewable. Local position.
Salary monthly gross 460.000 – 520.000 HUF, depending on skills and experience
Location Budapest, Hungary
Recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine. The Regional Office in Budapest has been operating since 2006.
The Regional Office of Terre des hommes is looking for a Project Coordinator to lead the project “i-RESTORE - Better Protecting Child Victims Rights through Restorative Justice”. The project’s main objective is to promote the use of Restorative Justice in cases involving child victims by improving knowledge amongst national stakeholders on child-victim friendly Restorative Justice and empowering children to advocate for better protection of child victims. The project’s expected results are:
1. Better understanding among general public of state of art child-sensitive RJ
2. Increased number of cases in which child victims access RJ as a form of justice that serves their needs/rights
3. Increased capacity of children to take on an advisory role pursuant to Art. 12 of Victims’ Directive
4. Increased capacity of inter-disciplinary practitioners to apply RJ in cases involving child victims
5. Increased level of cooperation and better understanding of policy makers and NGO’s
6. Improved shared knowledge & mutual learning among EU/non EU justice stakeholders to develop RJ processes with child victims and effective child participation
The project has a duration of 24 months and is implemented in partnership with the European Forum on Restorative Justice, Restorative Justice Netherlands, Terre des Hommes Albania, Terre des Hommes Romania and Terre des Hommes Greece.
The i-RESTORE Project Coordinator will integrate the Access to Justice Programme and work under the supervision of the Regional Programme Manager, Access to Justice. S/he will also be working in close collaboration with the Regional Finance and Admin Manager, the Knowledge Manager and the Regional Communications Manager.
- Leading and overseeing project implementation
- Responsible for project coordination
- Financial oversight on the regional project budgets
- Liaising with partners and contractors
- Leading the Monitoring & Evaluation process, in collaboration with the M&E Officer
- Ensuring all communication process in the project, internally and externally
- Responsible for implementation of Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy by Tdh and its partners as well
- Supervising the development of the research methodologies and quality oversight of the deliverables
- Ensuring meaningful participation of children in a safe and conductive environment
- Responsible for carrying out regular monitoring review with partners
- Maintaining close communication with donor
- Collecting financial reports from partners and responsible for drafting annual and final report for the project
- Relevant university degree in Law from an accredited educational institution;
- 5+ years of experience in designing and conducting projects in the area of Justice for children;
- Up-to-date and extensive knowledge of access to justice, including restorative justice;
- Experience or sound understanding of child participation processes;
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organisations; experience in INGOs or in social enterprises would be a distinct asset;
- Experience in Victimology, Child Protection, or development aid would be a plus;
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration;
- Excellent team player;
- Self-motivated, with skills to support and advise others;
- Ability to learn from difficult experiences, capitalize on mistakes and seize opportunities;
- Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in several countries;
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Capacity for rigor and precision, transparency and honesty;
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter following the below link: