UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
The Project Manager is responsible for effective and efficient management of the project “Strengthened Participation and Civic Engagement among Young People in Moldova”, supported by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation in Moldova (SDC) and implemented by United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Moldova.
The project manager will undertake a range of actions contributing to design, planning, management, implementation and monitoring of project activities.
The Project Manager will also substantively contribute to the effective implementation of the UNFPA activities within the area of youth development, participation and leadership. The project manager will coordinate and ensure the synergies between the project “Strengthened
Participation and Civic Engagement among Young People in Moldova” and the project “Joint Fund for developing services for young people, including those most vulnerable”.
The project manager will report directly to UNFPA Assistant Representative.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent of five years’ University Degree in education, youth development, public health, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science field.
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post;
- Experience in education, social and/or youth policies and development areas would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage;
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems;
- Knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
For more details about this job please visit: http://sc.undp.md/jobdetails2/1834