£26,470 per annum pro rata
Part Time – 17.5 hours per week
Fixed term maternity cover for up to 12 months
We are looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us as Project Support Worker – Children and Families Project. There has never been a more crucial time to stand up to the injustice facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.
Refugee Action is a national charity, dedicated to fighting for the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. We have more than 35 years’ experience providing face to face support to people who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes. We draw on this experience to work with partners, parliamentarians and others to campaign for change, so that all refugees and people seeking asylum can access the help and support that they need to live with dignity and build a new life in the UK.
Our Children and Families project ensures that asylum seeker and refugee children and their families can develop friendships and support networks that allow them to be healthy, safe and more active in their new communities, as well as providing information to neighbourhoods and schools where refugees are settling.
The Children and Families project offers one to one support for refugee and asylum seekers families as they arrive in Bradford. We offer support and advice on housing, education, benefits and accessing legal and immigration advice, as well as information about life and culture in the UK.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Minimum of one year’s experience of working with children aged up to 18 from a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Experience of running groupwork and activities for vulnerable children and families.
- Ability to assess need and to plan one-to-one support interventions accordingly.
- Knowledge of the range of activities, courses, opportunities, organisations and individuals that can be drawn upon to provide extra support for children.
- Ability to provide day to day direction and support to volunteers and/or Work Placement Students in an advice project or service in a similar or relevant context.
- Insight into the needs, hopes and experiences of asylum seekers, refugees and refused asylum seekers and irregular migrants in the UK.
For more information and to apply, please click the ‘download application’ link.
This post is offered on fixed term maternity cover basis for up to 12 months. Funding currently until 31st January 2020 with possible extension until March 2020.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 09:00am on the closing date.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 28th January 2019
Interviews: Friday 8th February 2019 in Bradford
To apply click here.