Providing Graphic Design and Multimedia Services related to project communication
Request for Proposals
Organization: Magyarországi Terre des hommes Alapítvány « Lausanne”
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contract: 1-year framework agreement
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over four million children and their families in over forty countries each year. Magyarországi Terre des hommes Alapítvány “Lausanne” (Tdh-HU) was established in 2006. As Terre des hommes’ Regional office in Budapest we have close collaboration with European countries like Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania and Ukraine. We conduct research and create opportunities for professional development in the field of child protection. Our Child Protection Hub empowers thousands of child protection specialists to collaborate, learn and advocate together, with a common aim to positively impact the lives of children in Southeastern Europe. Through research, training of professionals, raising awareness and advocacy, we promote child-friendly practices for children in contact with the justice system. We implement various regional projects in the areas of child protection, children and youth in migration and access to justice in cooperation with various European partners. Many of these projects and actions require different communication-related products, such as publications, logos, leaflets, posters, roll-ups, etc.
Terms of Reference
- Scope of service
Tdh-HU is looking for a service provider who can work with its team remotely on an ad hoc basis on different products. Each graphic design and multimedia service request will require a specified price quote accepted by Tdh-HU and a related letter of assignment, and the service provider will have to work with different members of the team (depending on the project in question). However, Tdh-HU intends to sign a 1-year framework agreement for the provision of this service, cannot guarantee the level of effort, but can only provide estimation for upcoming three-month periods.
Some possible tasks:
- Creating graphic design and layout of document templates (letterheaded paper, ppt, research report template or other larger publication template) with and without design guide, specifics
- Creating graphic design and layout of roll-ups, posters, leaflets, based on text and imagery provided by Tdh-HU
- Graphic design and layout adaptation of translated documents
- Text editing into a designed template
- Creating design of a general project identity: document template and standard colors for all publications
- Creating graphic design and layout of a project logo, based on briefing provided, and made available in various formats to be used on publication, website, t-shirts, pens etc.
- Editing of short videos using photos, interviews, animation etc., with subtitling, music, audio narration with and without design guidelines
The physical production of these products will be taken care of by Tdh-HU.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in providing graphic design services
- Samples of relevant similar work done
- Responsiveness to the ad hoc requests (within 24 hours)
- Customer orientation
- Delivery of service in agreed time and quality
- Deep understanding of our mission and our cause
- Knowledge of the cultural environment we are working in (mostly in Southeastern Europe)
- Pay attention to detail at all levels and check for errors
- Flexibility to work on various projects of different nature and requirements, also in parallel
- English proficiency
- Official registration as an individual consultant or as an organization, company etc. being under the scope of activities
- Ability to issue invoice
- The work is to be done at distance
After a consultation process with relevant Tdh-HU team members, the provider is responsible for ensuring quality and accuracy of the deliverable before submitting the final version which must be of such quality that it can be used by Tdh-HU without requiring further revisions or review. Payments shall only be initiated after Tdh-HU has confirmed of successful assignment completion. Deliverables which are found not to comply with the quality and technical requirements may be sent back to the provider for completion. If a deliverable is sent back for completion or if further checks are needed, the formal acceptance by Tdh-HU will be suspended.
In addition, Tdh-HU reserves the right to reduce the payment for a specific deliverable in proportion to the unusable part of that deliverable and/or to refuse payment if it is completely unusable.
All communication between Tdh-HU and the successful offeror shall take place via email and deliverables shall be submitted in electronic format.
- Application process
Please submit an offer
- in a single application package (can include one or multiple files)
- in electronic format
- by 19th June 2022 at 23:59 CET at latest
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the subject line ’Tdh-HU Graphic Design Services – Name of company/consultant’
- in English
The application package must include:
- Concise and up-to-date presentation of the company/consultant’s profile and professional portfolio
- Standardized NET price quotes detailed for ALL the above-mentioned possible tasks in EUR, excluding VAT. Offerors should guarantee the prices for the next 12 months from the moment of contracting.
- Hourly rate-based NET pricing in EUR, excluding VAT. Offerors should guarantee the price for the next 12 months from the moment of contracting.
- 3 samples of relevant previous works (links or actual documents)
- Contacts of 3 professional references
- Confirmation of the applicant’s legal registration (attaching proof with Tax registration) and ability to issue invoice
- The offer must be signed (electronic signature is sufficient) on the first or last page (as well as stamped if an official stamp is available), and should contain the name and contacts of the applicant (or the representative of the organization in case).
Tdh will confirm the receipt of each application within 5 working days.
Tdh will provide a detailed briefing on its various policies and principles related to ethical considerations to the selected consultant. All Tdh consultants and contractors (just as staff members, interns and volunteers) are required to sign Tdh’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and adhere to its principles upon entering into contract.