Purpose of Position:
To lead the Quality Team (QT) in the implementation of the internal/program objectives of the WV BiH National strategy in collaboration with the Program team and provide mentoring and equipping of team towards the desired capabilities and results. To establish and maintain networks and relationships of quality and program strategic importance, as well as a program system and practice of learning.
The Quality Team Leader (QTL) is also responsible for actively pursuing new funding for, ensuring quality new design, monitoring, and evaluations. Ensure continuous stretch towards quality across WV BiH’s programs. The QTL demonstrates World Vision’s Christian ethos, behaviours and WV’s leadership attributes in all aspects of work.
Collaborate with the program team to ensure integration of all Child Well Being (CWB) outcomes for the widest impact on children in the programs.
- Be responsible for an increased understanding of all WV BiH leaders regarding to Child Focus National Office (NO) strategy and all new developments in WVI partnership regarding child rights and wellbeing.
- Jointly with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) lead the process of strategy development, setting clear measures of success and monitoring of progress against the strategy implementation plan. Lead process of development of Technical Approaches and LEAP 3 alignment, including design of technical programs.
- Together with the Program Team Leader (PTL), lead the annual implementation and budget planning process of all Programs, by bringing together the Quality and Program teams (and relevant support functions).
- Lead and support technical staff in updating and developing strategic plans in alignment with the NO Strategy, WV policies, strategies, and global/local trends and best practices.
- Support technical staffing improving and providing the technical expertise for the implementation of programs/projects in alignment with best practices and approaches.
- Promote and support networking, development of strategic alliances and relationships with government stakeholders, other non-governmental organisations (NGOs), bilateral and multilateral agencies and faith representatives for the purpose of advancing opportunities to improve quality of programming towards greater impact on children.
- Provide direct leadership to the Quality team to ensure maximum integration, synergy and program quality.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree, preferably in Child Development, Humanitarian Aid/Development, Child Rights, Public Policy, Law, Social Work, Education, Management, Economics or other related field or equivalent experience in the related field is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in Humanitarian, child focused programming or community development. Master degree is an advantage.
- Strong Program Quality knowledge.
- Strong team management/leadership skills.
- Problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written skills are essential, English is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus Notes is preferred.
- Proven skills negotiation and ability to handle multiple demands from many stakeholders (networking).
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting principles.
- Driving license is essential.
- Humanitarian and/or community development and/or child development experience is required.
- Experience in managing integrated Relief/Development and Advocacy programs.
- Proven experience in overseeing large Government grants, major private donors and/or complex multi sectorial operations.
- Experience in leading team is a must.
- Experience in program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, report writing and emergency response is preferred.
Position Location: Sarajevo
Position Start Date 01 April 2015 - Position End Date: 31 March. 2016
For more information visit the website.