Lumos Moldova is recruiting a Research Officer.
Lumos is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization founded by J.K. Rowling to end the institutionalization of children by 2050. Lumos’ vision is a world in which all children can grow up and thrive in a safe and caring family or, where there is no alternative, in specialist placements that meet all their needs, respect their rights and ensure they can fulfil their potential.
Lumos has been active in the Republic of Moldova since 2006 and established its office in 2008. With Cooperation Agreements in place with central and local public authorities, Lumos Moldova has been providing technical assistance to the Government to support the implementation of major child care and protection reforms.
However, despite notable progress, in some regions, and for some groups of children, progress has been slow, and a small group of children remain in institutional care.
In this context, Changing the Way We Care (CTWWC), a global initiative led by Catholic Relief Services in partnership with Lumos and Maestral International, will come to support the continuation of the Moldova reform process, to ensure that no child is left behind, all children grow up in a family or family-based care, and parent-child separation is prevented.
The Research Officer will be responsabile for delivering research programme and activities ensuring high-quality delivery of ‘evidence for impact’. He/ she will be expected to deliver results in a timely manner, in accordance with the set milestones and timelines, ensuring data quality, adherence to principles, polices and standards and global best practices. The Research Officer will be responsible for building effective, appropriate and efficient monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems that are sustainable.
Education, Qualifications, Experience and other requirements
- A strong commitment to children’s rights and international development;
- At least three years’ applied monitoring, evaluation and research experience, with strong knowledge and skills spanning a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent applied research skills and experience;
- Experience of undertaking desk research and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information;
- Experience of conducting and coordinating primary research fieldwork;
- Experience of all operating monitoring systems including effective data capture and quality assurance
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to summarize and interpret data accurately, using appropriate data analysis packages;
- Attention to detail in checking information/evidence for accuracy and validity;
- Excellent communication skills, with strong command of spoken and written Romanian and English;
- Experience of drafting and editing reports for a range of audiences, with the ability to convey findings clearly, accurately and for impact;
- Highly organized, with the ability to balance competing priorities and plan effectively to meet challenging deadlines;
- Self-starter with strong initiative, excellent organisational skills and the ability to deliver projects on time and to a high standard;
- Expertise in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- A great team-player, with a strong customer focus and the ability to collaborate effectively with non-specialists and people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Commitment to applying high standards in data protection and research ethics.
- Proficiency in the use of analysis software such as NVIVO, SPSS or STATA;
- Experience of participatory research methods;
- Experience of research with or by children and young people;
- Experience of undertaking research on sensitive topics and in challenging settings;
- Experience using data visualisation and GIS mapping;
- Knowledge or experience of international development, social work, child health, education, law or children’s rights;
- Knowledge of financial analysis, economic appraisal and evaluation methods; and
- Experience of working with international NGOs.
- Job discription can be required at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule: Full time, Monday to Friday
- Location: Chisinau, Moldova
- Duration of the contract: Fixed-term Contract – three years.
Please apply with your curriculum vitae and covering letter, in English, addressing how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification.
The selection process will include an interview and a written test. The interview will be held on 24-25 April 2019.
We will be receiving applications from 28 March to 19 April 2019 at email@example.com . Only the candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.