The UNICEF Office in Romania is looking to contract a consultant to support the developing, management and adaptation of communication materials to the local context and support maximizing the reach and engagement on all UNICEF owned and earned communication platforms.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence.
Tasks and Duties:
- Draft creative communication materials upon request such as background documents, press releases, articles, position papers, human interest stories, brief resumes for UNICEF team members, Q&A, lessons learnt, presentations.
- Suggest multiple uses for multimedia communication materials, draft and edit them to fit the available outlets and platforms.
- Draft materials with high potential for engagement in online media.
- Draft reports for various partners.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience in communication, journalism, including experience in documenting social issues in Romania in a sensitive and ethical manner, respecting child rights.
- Proven experience in digital engagement content.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Romanian and English is a must.
- Ability to write in a creative user-friendly manner and to translate / adapt complex information into accessible communication materials, according to the specific audience.
- Experience in (writing/ editing communication materials for) online and social media.
- Ability to analyse complex information and write analytical documents.
- Time management skills, ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Credentials (different type of communication materials) and recommendations are required.
- Flexibility in responding to the needs of the contracting agency.
- Knowledge of data visualization is an advantage.
- Experience with international organizations, UN Agencies and knowledge of UNICEF work an asset.
For more details and to apply please see: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505649