Terre des hommes Lausanne is looking for a Country Director in Moldova
Position Start Date: January 2017
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Terre des hommes does not set final closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
As a representative of the foundation in the country of assignment, the country director leads and manages all programs carried out in the country and ensures its funding coverage.
- Directs the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, under the leadership of Tdh regional hub.
- Responsible for adequate implementation of the regional and global strategies and policies at country level
- Controls the application and supervision of signed agreements between Tdh and its partners and local/national authorities.
- Supervises the correct implementation of projects and develops advocacy strategies.
- Responsible for the management of the country team. Ensures the coaching of any collaborator under their responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Uses the good practices so that their management respects the values of Tdh. Applies and ensures the implementation of staff management policies within the delegation.
- Supervises the correct financial management of the office and the funds provided for it.
- In coordination with the regional delegation, directs the fundraising and the negotiations with funding partners present in the area of intervention.
- Fosters the correct communication and visibility of the projects and the foundation.
- Bears responsibility for the implementation of policies on security, child safeguarding and fraud prevention.
- Ensures the good reputation of Tdh in the country.
- Develops synergies and partnerships with the rest of national and international actors present in the area.
- Ensures the correct flow of operational information within the delegation and with the headquarters (especially for institutional reporting).
- Ensures and facilitate synergies with and direct contribution to the various strategies in the context of programmatic approaches, regionalization strategy and all other relevant field of interventions.
- Education: University degree in a relevant field of management.
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Experiences and skills:
- 5 to 10 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position;
- Successful track record of leading strategies and securing high levels of funding from institutional donors;
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills);
- Management experience and strong team leadership qualities;
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure;
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail.
- Child safeguarding policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Please send us your application (CV with at least 2 references, motivation letter) to: email@example.com. Please specify the position to which you are applying in the title of your message.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview