Are you a passionate child protection professional? Do you enjoy working with and for children/youth? Are you energetic, well organised and not afraid of working hard? Are you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact?
If your answer is „Yes!” to all the above questions, then this challenge is for you!
Start date: March 2019
Contract: One-year, local, full-time contract, renewable.
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the Republic of Moldova
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child aid organisation. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Hungary, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
Terre des hommes is active in Moldova since 2004. Registered as a local Foundation, Tdh Moldova works to reduce vulnerability and to strengthen the protection of children affected by migration; to strengthen children’s access to their rights in the juvenile justice system by promoting a restorative approach; and to build the protection and prevention capacity of child protection institutions and professionals, as well as individuals with rights, such as children, families and communities. We work to ensure that all children in Moldova benefit from a system that can guarantee their survival, protection, development and participation, with a specific focus on the most vulnerable children.
The Child Protection Specialist has responsibility for various areas of intervention related to the Tdh Child Protection Programme including but not limited to: quality implementation of the child protection interventions at the country level, across all programmes and projects; technical assistance to Tdh national and local partners on child protection activities; child and youth participation, empowerment and resilience activities; formal and non-formal child protection systems strengthening; capacity development of child protection actors and technical support for child protection related policy developments; youth related policies and development of youth centres.
- Contribute to and participate in the development of country situation analysis or needs assessments, strategic planning, project design, proposal review, in line with child protection policies and strategies;
- Integrate, promote, facilitate mainstreaming and implementation of child protection related approaches into Tdh programming in the country and across different projects;
- Participate in initiating and spreading innovative child and youth participation practices or models;
- Carry out child protection and psychosocial interventions;
- Facilitate child protection related capacity development initiatives of social actors within Moldova, including through formal training;
- Contribute to Tdh Moldova advocacy and networking on child protection and violence against children issues;
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions for the protection of children in Moldova;
- Participate in research on child protection, including focused on ensuring quality integration of child protection protocols, ethics and methodologies;
- Document child protection practices, share knowledge, lessons learned, promising practices, and research findings;
- Support youth empowerment activities and development of youth related policies;
- When delegated, represent Tdh child protection work and ensure Tdh positioning within national and local professional networks and forums on child protection related issues.
- University degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years of previous experience in child protection area, ideally in NGO;
- Confirmed experience in developing training materials and delivering trainings;
- Field experience of working directly with children and youth;
- Experience and methodological knowledge on child participatory processes;
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
- Efficient management of the workflow with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
- Very good oral and written skills in Romanian, Russian and English.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to the following address: Chisinau, N. Iorga str. No.6, ap.3, MD-2009 or by email to email@example.com
Please include “Child Protection Specialist, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
*** Tdh offers equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, faith, colour, religion, gender, marital status, political affiliations. ***
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.