The Refugee Trauma Initiative (RTI) is recruiting a part-time paid trainee youth worker in our “Symeteho” Youth Leadership Scheme in Thessaloniki. As an integral part of a small and dynamic professional team, the trainee youth worker will be trained to contribute significantly to the operations of the “Dinami” Youth programme and develop the skills to become a leader. The role may require occasional travel outside Thessaloniki.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with various aspects of the planning and implementation of activities under RTI’s Youth Leadership Programme.
- Supporting community-based educational, social, health, recreational programs/activities for the project participants.
- Individual communication with event applicants and participants.
- Updating, editing, and production of event materials (participant lists, resources etc.).
- Researching possible venues for our projects.
- Processing of skills assessment forms.
- Pre-event offsite logistics for courses and workshops.
- Preparation of social media communication materials.
- Taking notes in course and workshop sessions and preparing internal reports following the events.
- Identification of potential new guest experts and facilitators.
- Researching agencies and organisations for potential partnerships.
- General administrative support.
- Contribute to other tasks and projects as assigned by the Youth Psychosocial worker.
- Organize the communication with the participants.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Greece immediately.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the field of humanitarian affairs.
- Able to work flexible hours (Between 9:00 and 17:00) and days including Saturday & Sunday (but, no more than 5 days per week).
- Fluency in English and Greek required and/or Arabic/Kurdish/Farsi/Urdu preferred.
- Able to work dynamically and to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected needs.
- Able to take responsibility for assigned tasks and to respect processes and confidentiality.
- Capacity to solve problems, to transfer knowledge and to develop new skills.
- Listening skills and a non-judgmental attitude towards our young participants.
- Willingness to commit responsibly and to attend all essential training sessions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Team player, responsive, flexible, able to handle stress and tension effectively and to work within a culturally and linguistically diverse team.
- Studies in social sciences, psychology, pedagogy or another relevant field. We also, accept students who are in their last year of studies.
- Previous experience in working with children or young people at risk.
- Excellent English and Greek language skills, including both written and verbal communication skills; other professional-level language skills (particularly in Arabic, Kurdish, Farsi and Urdu) are an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise texts for external communication.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, databases).
Interested in this job?
Send your CV and Motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th December 2018.
For more information on RTI’s work please visit our website: www.refugeetrauma.org
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.